Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Wax Tag!

I saw Jdazzler15 on YouTube do this and decided to follow suit.  Enjoy!

1. What got you into wax? Candles By Victoria got me into wax.  I placed an order from them in May 2012, and the rest is history.
2. Would you rather buy online or in store? I would rather buy in store, but I prefer the online vendors (like CBV) because they have better quality and are able to carry more scents because they don't have to worry about fitting them on the shelves.
3. Do you take notes on what you melt? No, when I do my reviews, I do it while melting the scent.
4.Do you prefer Spring/Summer or Fall/Winter scents? Fall/Winter scents because I love bakery and spicy scents more than the florals of Spring.  Summer is my second favorite.
5. How many warmers do you have? 2, one hot plate from CBV and a lightbulb warmer from Scentsationals.
6. How many warmers do you have going at once? One in my bedroom, different brands melt better in different warmers, that's why I have 2.
7. Whats your fave/least warmer? I can't choose, I only have 2 because different brands melt better in different warmers, I am not partial to a warmer, but I prefer the look of my hot plate warmer more than my Scentsationals warmer.
8. Whats your fave/least online vendor? My favorite is Candles By Victoria and my least favorite is Sweet Fixations.  I have only tried CBV, Shayz Scentz and Sweet Fixations.  It's not that I don't like Tia's products, her tarts just aren't as consistent as CBV and Shayz.
9. Top 3 fave scents and 3 least fave scents. I have so many scents that I can't choose, but I can say my favorite scent from each vendor.  CBV would be Pumpkin Pear Strudel, Shayz would be Minty Pink, Sweet Fixations would be Dole Whip.  Least favorite scents from each vendor are CBV Coconut Praline, Shayz Cranberry and Sweet Fixations Chocolate Yum-Yum.
10. Which vendor do you wish you had more of? I have a lot of CBV and will be ordering more on December 1st, but I really wish I had more Shayz Scentz tarts.  Her stuff is really good, and I wish I had more of her scents because her tarts are great.  I do prefer CBV.  The difference to me (besides types of wax) are that Shayz throws wider and CBV throws stronger.  I have a small bedroom so I would rather have a slighly shorter but stronger throw than a wider but slightly less strong throw.
11. Who do you want to order from next? I have a huge list of who I want to order from.  Who I want to order from next always changes when I find a new vendor, but I really want to try Tiffany Candles, Hayley's Heavenly Scents, Bathing Garden, Kim's Tarts, Granny's Kountry Candles, Lasting Scents, FussAss McGee, Country Home Scents, Can-Do Candles and Sniff My Tarts.
12. How do you organize your tarts? Are they opened or closed? How do you sort them? I organize my tarts in a 3 drawer container, the top is miscellaneous (orgaized by brand), the middle is my LUSH stuff and the bottom drawer is all of my CBV tarts.
13. Who is your biggest wax critic/wax lover? My biggest wax critic is my dad, he doesn't like things with smells and sometimes openly expresses his hatred of a particular scent I am melting (he told me that Apple Butter Festival from CBV smelled like pumpkins thrown into a bonfire) and my biggets wax lover is my mom.  We place orders together and we both like to melt things.
14. Do you think you could ever have too much wax? It depends, I would say that if you burn through your stash on a regular basis, it is okay, but if it is just sitting there never being melted, then yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment