Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Haul Time: Candles by Victoria Winter Order

Hi!  My winter order from Candles by Victoria came a day early, so I will just share the goodness with you now!  Just a warning, this will be long.  Definitely the longest post I will have done thus far.  I would just like to send a thank you to Victoria, Matt, Melissa and Chelsea for continuing to bring us wonderful products.  Now, just sit back, relax and enjoy the scent descriptions.  I will start with the stuff I got for people's holidsy gifts, then what I got and then the scent shots that my mom ordered.

                                                 Holiday Gifts For Other People
Home For The Holidays- This is not a scent in the permanent line, I created it myself.  It is made from Christmas Cabin and Creme Brulee.  I smell mostly the mulberry from the Christmas Cabin scent, some other fruits, creaminess from the creme brulee and a tiny hint of spice.  I definitely recommend this CAS.  Just to clarify, you can order CAS in 16oz jars, 22oz tureens and Love Victoria jars.  I got this in the 16oz jar.  I will definitely be making this myself since I got both scents in this.  (5/5)

Geisha- I got this in the Scoop Some Scent with purple dots.  It looks so cute!  It looks like cotton candy on the top and on the side it looks like a blue brain.  It smells exactly like what it is duping, even my mom said so.  It smells like a very sweet cherry blossom scent with a slight hint of powder, but not a strong baby powder scent.  It smells just like what it is duping, so if you like that product, you will like this.  (4/5)

Coconut Praline- This is in a Scoop Some Scent as well, but I will not open this one, I don't like the scent and it is strong enough for me to not open it to smell it.  It smells like a big bowl of a mix of kettle corn and popcorn.  I hate popcorn scents, so it is natural for me to not like this.  I don't smell coconut or Caramelized Pralines in this, two scents that I like coming together to make one that I don't like.  (1/5)


                                                                  My Scent Shots
Tommy Type- This is a very nice, calming scent.  I actually like this, which is surprising considering my normal vein of scents.  I smell the perfumey "this is a perfume" scent with some undertones of vanilla musk.  A surprisingly good scent.  This was my free scent shot.  (4/5)

Spellbound-  A lot of people said that this smells similar to BBW Cider Lane, which I really like.  I had to try CBV's version.  It smells very close.  It smells like Cider Lane with an undertone of cotton candy.  This is a really good scent, I would definitely recommend it.  (5/5)

Kim's Country Cornbread- The first thing I pick up is butter, this is a very buttery bread scent, so if you don't like butter then you won't like this.  You also get the crumbly cornbread scent, it is divine!  (5/5)

Blackberry Walnut- I actually didn't order this, I ordered Berry Blackberry Cobbler which was out of stock, so she replaced it with this.  It smells like the Bath and Body Works Fresh Picked Blackberry with a tiny hint of bakery, I hope that come out more after curing.  (4/5)

Peppermint Bark- I am going to hop on the bandwagon and say that this does smell like an Andes mint.  The only thing that isn't perfect is that the chocolate is slightly less real than her Fudge Brownie candle.  Otherwise, it is flawless and smells just like real peppermint bark.  (5/5)

Golden Cadillac- This is one of the Black Label scent shots, so they are slightly more expensive than the other scent shots.  This smells like vanilla right now.  I don't get anything else, just plain vanilla.  It is nice, but I would expect more from a high end fragrance oil.  (3/5)

Banana Coconut Cream Pie- This smells like candied bananas and a little bit of coconut, I don't smell any of the pie.  I am not a fan of the banana in this scent.  I ordered another banana one so I hope that one smells better.  So many people rave about this, and I just can't say that I agree.  (2.5/5)

Vanilla Sandalwood- I get equal parts of the vanilla and the sandalwood, not much else that I can say about it.  It smells really nice and relaxing.  (3.5/5)

Warm Christmas Splendor- This smells like candy canes with a little undertone of cinnamon.  I really like this scent.  There might be a bit of nutmeg too, but mostly candy canes.  (4/5)

Captain Crunch Berries- I have described this many times before, and will not explain it in detail.  If you want my description, go to my "Today's Melt" post on this scent.  (5/5)

Chai Tea- This is mostly the tea scent, it is definitely not a white or green tea, possibly a black tea.  After the whiff of tea, you get a slight note of cinnamon.  It is sweetened a bit by honey.  If I was going to drink a chai tea, I would want it to taste like this.  (4/5)

Christmas Apple Cider Snap- This smells mostly like apple cider (fresh apple cider, not supermarket apple cider) and a red hot cinnamon.  I can see how the cinnamon would overwhelm people, but I really like it.  It is definitely a very good winter scent.  (5/5)

Sweet Snow- This smells like a big delicious candy cane!  I think it needs more cure time, it doesn't smell that strong.  I would give it more cure time anyway.  Great winter scent.  (4.5/5)

Sugared Spruce- This smells like evergreen trees, but not pine scented.  I don't like pine, but I like other evergreens and that is what this smells like.  (4/5)

Cold December's Night- I smell almost equal amounts of Sweet Snow and Sugared Spruce, though the mint is a bit stronger than the spruce.  This is the perfect scent for December/Christmas time or just any time you want to clear your head but don't want straight peppermint.  (5/5)

Simply Delicious- I get a really nice bakery, nutty pear.  The nuts and the pear are the most prominent scents, with the caramel coming in in the background.  It would be even better if the caramel came out more.  (4.5/5)

Under the Harvest Moon- I don't find this as rave-worthy as most other people have.  If you remember, I ordered this in my fall order, but it didn't come.  It smells mostly like what I am guessing is Why I Autumn on the top and only like Leaves Type on the bottom.  I hope that as they cure, the scents blend together more.

Banana Brown Sugar Drizzle- This is what I wanted in a banana scent.  It is really nice, it smells like the candy banana, just not as fake as Banana Coconut Cream Pie, with some sweet brown sugar.  Delicious, though not making it to my five star rating.  (4/5)

Granny's Pie Crust- This smells just like honey graham crackers.  I don't get anything else from it.  I really like it, but it isn't a 5 star one.  I can see this mixing well with fruity scents to make some sort of a pie scent.  (4/5)

Hello Dolly- This is a wonderfully decadent bakery scent.  The first thing I get is chocolate with a bit of butterscotch.  If the butterscotch came out more, this would be a 5 star scent.  (4/5)

French Crumb Cake- This is exactly what I wanted Country Coffee Cake to smell like.  It smells like a crumbly cinnamon cake with only a tiny hint of sweet coffee.  It smells just like a Dunkin Donuts coffee cake muffin.  It is amazing!  (4.5/5)

Chocolate Mint- This smells just like the Yankee Candle Peppermint Bark scent from this year's festive line.  Milk chocolate and peppermint in a perfect ratio.  The CBV Peppermint Bark smells more like real peppemint bark than the Yankee/CBV Chocolate Mint scent.  (4.5/5)

Holiday Wassail- I smell sugared out pineapple and evergreen trees.  It is nice, but based on this I would not repurchase it.  (2.5/5)

Cranberry Brulee- I smell a really strong, sweet cranberry.  I don't get much creaminess right now.  (2.5/5)

Caramel Apple- This one smells like mostly caramel and a bit of green apple.  I usually hate green apple, but the caramel sweetens it out enough that I like it.  I wish I had this for the fall.  It is very similar to Spellbound, but I prefer Spellbound because of the cotton candy note. (4.5/5)

Creme Brulee- This one smells like Granny's Pie Crust mixed with a creamy vanilla scent.  It doesn't smell exactly like real creme brulee, but it smells nice.  I hope it changes when it cures.  (3.5/5)

Cinnamon Apple Berry- I get mostly a sweet raspberry with a bit of cinnamon and a bit of juicy apple.  It smells really nice.  (4/5)

Bear Claws- I get a really sweet doughy note with a bit of sugared out cinnamon and a hint of nuttiness.  I really like this, if you like Caramelized Pralines, you will like this.  (5/5)

Vanilla Bean Noel- This is a Bath and Body Works dupe.  I have the BBW one and this is exactly the same.  If you like the BBW scent, you will love this one.  (5/5)

Rae's Hot Coco and Marshmallows- This smells like hot cocoa.  It is a really nice chocolately scent.  I don't get any marshmallow, but it is really nice.  If you like Fudge Brownie, you will like this.  (4/5)

Stress Relief- A nice herbal lavender scent with a lot of mint.  It is the perfect blend of lavender and mint, almost 50 50.  I also get a slight undertone of Chai Tea.  I am in the process of moving, and it is stressful, so I got some nice stress relieving scents.  (5/5)

Eucalyptus Spearmint- I know what you're asking me.  "Hey!  Does this smell like the Bath and Body Works one?"  The answer to your question is no.  This one has much more spearmint than the BBW one.  The BBW one is 50/50 and this is 70% spearmint, and I am not a huge fan of spearmint.  It smells like spearmint gum with a bit of eucalyptus.  I will burn this, but unless it smells like the BBW one warm, I probably won't repurchase it because I don't like spearmint.  (2/5)

Carrot Cake- This is actually very creamy and sweet cake as opposed to a spicy carrot cake scent.  I really like this one, it isn't the typical overly spicy and overly nutty carrot cake.  (4/5)

Bonfire Bliss- This smells like sandalwood, leaves (not BBW) and sweet marshmallow.  Sandalwood is the only wood that I like, so this is a great scent, just not a favorite yet.  (3.5/5)

Snow Drift Berries- This smells like fresh assorted berries (very sweet) and mint.  The pine is probably what is smelling like mint to me, since it is a sinus clearing scent.  I really like this, thanks Brooke (sayanythingbr00ke) for the recommendation. (5/5)

Bergamot and Herbal Mint- I already reviewed this one in the order I made for my Grandmother's birthday, but I will describe it again.  Cooling peppermint and a bit of uplifting bergamot.  Very calming and I could imagine it being another good stress relieving scent.  It is nice, but I prefer the Stress Relief one.  (3.5/5)

Christmas Cabin- It smells just like mulberry with cranberry and a hint of cinnamon.  (4.5/5)

Christmas Lane- This smells like Sugared Spruce mixed with some apple pie.  (4/5)

Buttery Gingerbread- There's nothing I can say about this.  It smells just like its name.  By far my favorite Gingerbread scent because it isn't too gingery and it achieves that perfection without it being mixed with icing.  (4.5/5)

Christmas Eve- I just smell very spicy cinnamon right now.  No creaminess like it says in the description.  (3/5)


                                                        My Mother's Scent Shots
Sonny & Cher- Peppermint.  (3/5)

Leaves Type- I have already reviewed this one.  It is in my Fall CBV order review.  It smells just like the BBW Leaves but with more apple.  (4/5)

Raisin Rum- It just smells like a cinnamon raisin bread right now, no rum.  (3.5/5)

Singapore Sling- It is just another Fruit Loops scent to me.  I hate that any lemon bakery scent I smell, I just get Fruit Loops, that's what happened to me with Lemon Pound Cake too.  It is a Black Label scent. (4/5)

Butter Pound Cake- It smells just like pound cake with no lemon or anything.  It is good and buttery rich. (4/5)

Breakfast in Vermont- This smells like chocolate and yeasty bread, mostly chocolate.  (3.5/5)

Orange Juice Cake- Mostly orange, not much cake.  (4/5)

Cinnamon Donuts- Smells just like its name.  One of my ultimate favorites.  (5/5)

Apple Cinnamon Butter- A spicy apple toned down by a buttery scent.  A really good homey scent.  (4/5)

Amish Quilt- Nutmeg and cinnamon, nothing else.  (3/5)

Pumpkin Pear Strudel- A perfect balance of pumpkin, pear and pie crust.  One of my favorites.  (5/5)


















No comments:

Post a Comment