Saturday, December 22, 2012

Post-Curing Review: CBV Winter 2012 Order

Just a heads up, I will not be categorizing the scents by who they are for, if you want to figure that out, check out the previous review on these scents.  Let's just get into the review!

Home For the Holidays- This is a create a scent that I made out of Christmas Cabin and Creme Brulee.  The first thing I smell is the cranberry, then some of the orange zest.  I also get a very creamy vanilla-type scent from the Creme Brulee.  This may not be finished curing through the whole thing since it is a 16 ounce candle.  This is a delicious scent, perfect for this time of year.  I highly recommend that you buy it.  (5/5)

Geisha- This is a dupe for a certain bath company that we aren't allowed to talk about.  This is good, very sweet floral cherry blossom scent.  Last time, I said I got a powdery note from it, that note is gone now.  It just smells like a sweet floral.  (3.5/5)

Coconut Praline- You probably know how much I hate this scent, but it isn't for me.  It smells like kettle corn mixed with popcorn from a movie theater where you put on the extra butter and it always becomes too much.  Blech.  (1/5)

Granny's Pie Crust- This one is awesome!  It smells just like honey graham crackers.  I don't love it nearlt as much as Sabrina (thelazylillypad) does, but it is really nice.  (4/5)

Carrot Cake- This is just a very sweet cake with some cream cheese frosting.  I don't get any spice from it at all, so if you like real carrot cake, but don't like spice this would be good for you. (3.5/5)

Cold December's Night- This is a good balance, I get about 65% Sweet Snow and 35% Sugared Spruce.    That is understandable since Sweet Snow smells much stronger than Sugared Spruce, at least on cold throw.  (4/5)

Golden Cadillac- I still get that Vanilla Bean Noel note, but the maple is definitely coming out more.  I can tell that this still needs more time to cure.  (3.5/5)

Caramel Apple- I get a lot of caramel and a hint of apple.  I wish I got slightly more apple, but that will probably come out more when I melt it.  It smells like Cider Lane from BBW with a bit less apple. (4/5)

Rae's Hot Cocoa & Marshmallows- This smells like the Fudge Brownie scent with something slightly creamy mellowing it out a tiny bit.  I wouldn't say that the creamy note is marshamllowy, more like just a generic vanilla.  (3.5/5)

Christmas Apple Cider Snap- This is really good.  It is 50% apple and 50% cinnamon red hots.  I wouldn't say that the apple is really an apple cider, just a generic apple slightly mellowed out by the red hot cinnamon.  If you don't like cinnamon, this wouldn't be for you.  (4/5)

Hello Dolly- This is a 50/50 blend of chocolate and butterscotch with a slight creamy note from the coconut cream pie.  (5/5)

Snow Drift Berries- I get this berry scent, maybe raspberry and strawberry with a slight cooling sensation from the pine.  The berry is kind of similar to Captain Crunch Berries. (5/5)

Tommy Type- This just smells like vanilla musk and the "this is a perfume" scent.  (3/5)

Simply Delicious- This one is just a slightly nutty pear with some rich caramel.  Not the same caramel that is in Caramelized Pralines, but a rich caramel.  The caramel in this one is slightly sweeter than the one in CP, which is very buttery.  (5/5)

French Crumb Cake- This is what I wanted out of Country Coffee Cake.  It just smells like a crumbly cinnamon cake with a tiny hint of coffee.  If you have ever had the coffee cake muffins from Dunkin' Donuts, it smells like this.  (5/5)

Captain Crunch Berries- This smells exactly like the berries from the cereal, more so when warm than on cold.  (5/5)

Vanilla Bean Noel- This smells just like the Bath and Body Works scent.  (4/5)

Stress Relief- 50/50 blend of peppermint and lavender.  I don't get any of the chai tea.  (5/5)

Vanilla Sandalwood- This smells mostly like sandalwood, the only wood I like, but it is slightly mellowed out by the vanilla.  Very nice and relaxing.  (4.5/5)

Sugared Spruce- It smells like a slightly sweetened evergreen scent, but not a pine scent.  (3/5)

Banana Coconut Cream Pie- The first thing I get is that candy banana, slightly mellowed out by the coconut.  I don't get a pie crust scent at all though.  (3.5/5)

Banana Brown Sugar Drizzle- The banana is very prominent, but it has so much brown sugar and creamy creme brulee, that I enjoy it much more than BCCP.  (5/5)

Warm Christmas Splendor- I don't get any of the cinnamon, I just get a slighly toned down version of Sweet Snow.  (3/5)

Kim's Country Cornbread- This is a very buttery, very crumbly bread scent.  I love this one and I will probably melt it today.  (5/5)

Bergamot and Herbal Mint- I get an herbal minty scent with a bit of almost orange from the bergamot.  (3.5/5)

Chai Tea- This definitely got stronger from last time I smelled it.  I get mostly the black tea.  I get very little spice or honey.  (3.5/5)

Sweet Snow- Smells just like a candy cane, very strong too.  (4/5)

Buttery Gingerbread- I don't get much butter, just a very good gingerbread.  If you like gingerbread cookies, you will like this.  (4/5)

Bear Claws- This just smells like a very caramelly dough with a hint of very sugared out cinnamon.  (5/5)

Cinnamon Apple Berry- I don't get any cinnamon, just apples and berries.  (4/5)

Eucalyptus Spearmint- Wrigley's Spearmint Gum.  Definitely my least favorite of all of the ones I ordered. (2/5)

Creme Brulee- Smells just like the dessert, but with more vanilla.  (3.5/5)

Holiday Wassail- I just get pineapple and pine.  A weird combination, but not bad. (3/5)

Chocolate Mint- Smells like an Andes mint or the Yankee Candle Peppermint Bark. (4/5)

Peppermint Bark- This smells just like real peppermint bark.  It is delicious! (5/5)

Cranberry Brulee- I get both notes equally, very nice.  (3/5)

Spellbound- This smells like Cider Lane from Slatkin & Co, but with an undertone of cotton candy.  I love this one.  (5/5)

Christmas Cabin- I smell cranberry and a bit of orange zest with some other berries that I can't quite place.  (3.5/5)

Under the Harvest Moon- This smells weird.  It is kind of a spicy wood with some apple.  Not a big fan/  (2.5/5)

Bonfire Bliss- I get the autumn leaves, the wood (mostly sandalwood) and some sort of creamy, toasted vanilla bean scent.  I really like this.  (4/5)

Blackberry Walnut- This smells like the BBW Fresh Picked Blackerries, with some nuttiness underneath it.  I really do like this one.  (4/5)

Christmas Lane- I don't get the apple, just smells like BH&G's Snowy Evergreen Forest.  (3/5)

Christmas Eve- There is mostly clove, maybe some cinnamon or nutmeg and some creamy eggnog.  I will probably melt this one on Christmas Eve, just because of the name.  (4/5)

Singapore Sling- The cherry almond not went away and now I just smell fruit loops.  I am the weird person who always smells fruit loops instead of lemon bakery.  I do like it, but I wanted more than just generic fruit loops from it.  (3/5)

Pumpkin Pear Strudel- Mostly pear, then sweetened, unspiced pumpkin and some pie crust. (5/5)

Breakfast in Vermont- I smell chocolate and bread.  It is nice, but not great.  (3/5)

Sonny & Cher- This has the same mint as Bergamot and Herbal Mint, but with a stroger cooling sensation as you breathe it in. (3/5)

Cinnamon Donuts- This smells exactly like its name, one of my all-time favorite scents.  (5/5)

Amish Quilt- This one is just okay, it smells like straight nutmeg with a hint of cinnamon to me.  (3/5)

Butter Pound Cake- Smells just like its name, would be a great mixture.  (4.5/5)

Orange Juice Cake- This was my first favorite scent from CBV, smells like fresh squeezed orange juice with a hint of cake.  (4.5/5)

Leaves Type- Smells just like the BBW candle, but with a bit more apple.  (5/5)

Apple Cinnamon Butter- This smells like a very creamy spiced apple.  It is nice.  (3/5)

Raisin Rum- I like this one.  It just smells like a box of raisins.  (3/5)

No comments:

Post a Comment