Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Shayz Scentz Haul!

Today I got in my Shayz Scentz order.  I placed this a little over a week ago and I just received it a little while ago.  I made an order with my mother and we both got scents.  I will start with the free tart cups.  If you spend $25 you get free shipping and 3 free tart cups of your choice.  I did not get any other samples and that is perfectly okay.  All of the scents I ordered are in the tart cups.  I will specify which ones were gifted for free and which ones belong to my mother.  I paid for all of the other ones with my own money.  I will make a post-curing review in 2 weeks.

Pink Sugar- I got a lot of Pink blends in this order, so I wanted to have a regular Pink Sugar so I know what it smells like and to have for other mixing.  I smell the caramel and the raspberry first, then cotton candy and a tiny undertone of lemon.  I can tell this hasn't cured quite yet but I am loving it! (4/5)

Pink Lilac- This was one of my free tart cups.  I smell both the Pink Sugar and the lilac but the lilac is slightly stronger than the Pink Sugar.  Lilac is my favorite flower and I can tell this one is going to be really strong.  It will be amazing in the spring time!  (3/5)

Minty Pink- I saw VintageChic1927 on YouTube raving about this and a similar scent (Pink Peppermint from Tiffany Candes) and had to pick it up.  I can tell right off the bat both why she loves it and why she likes to sleep with it on.  This smells amazing.  The peppermint is the strongest note and it gives a cooling sensation when you smell it.  I think the peppermint is a candy cane type smell, not just a straight peppermint, it has some creaminess.  I smell the Pink Sugar too, it just isn't as strong as the mint.  This is the best one I've smelled so far!  (5/5)

Pink Lavender Supreme- This is one of my free tart cups.  The lavender is definitely the strongest note, but the Pink Sugar is there just sweetening it up in the background.  I would love it more if the Pink Sugar came out more.  (3/5)

Pinkened Pomegranate- It smells like Bath and Body Works Midnight Pomegranate with an undertone of Pink Sugar.  (4.5/5)

Pink Berry- The Pink Sugar is all I can smell, but the berries in the berry scent bring out the raspberry jam scent in the Pink Sugar.  I think if it stays like this, I will prefer this to Pink Sugar. (4.5/5)

Warm Pink Vanilla Sugar- The Warm Vanilla Sugar is stronger than the Pink Sugar but the Pink Sugar gives the Warm Vanilla Sugar a fruity note.  (4.5/5)

Pink Tea & Ginger- This scent is very complex and blended very well.  I can't pick out many individual notes, but I would have to say it smells like a Teavana tea that has fruits and sugar in it.  (4.5/5)

Pink Mousse-This smells like Pink Berry but with more creaminess to it.  (4.5/5)

Pink Vanilla Berry Cobbler- This one smells like sugary berries with a baked crust note.  (5/5)

Pink Pumpkin- Smells like Pink Sugar and strong cinnamon.  Not red hot cinnamon though.  The cinnamon is stronger than the Pink Sugar in this one.  If you like Pink blends and want a fall one, get this one.  (3.5/5)

Pink Pie- This smells like pumpkin pie with a bit of Pink Sugar in the background.  (4/4)

Pink Marshmallows- This is the Pink blend in this order, promise.  This smells really nice, it smells like super sugary marshmallows with a hint of fruit.  (5/5)

Cinnamon Apple Berry- This one is a Yankee dupe.  I have never smelled the Yankee scent though.  Smells like apples and berries with a bit of spice.  I really like this and will burn some of it before fall leaves.  (4.5/5)

Cranberry- A very nice cranberry scent.  Medium tartness and seems really strong. (4/5)

Apple Mint Jelly- This is surprisingly nice.  This is the perfect balance of apple and peppermint.  I wasn't expecting much from this scent, but this is really nice.  (3/5)

Pumpkin Crunch Cookies- Smells like a pumpkin mixed with a cookie.  This cookie is not sugar cookie, it is a richer cookie.  There is no spice to be found, just a nice pumpkin cookie with a bit of whipped cream. (4.5/5)

Wildberry Mousse- This is another scent VintageChic1927 raved about and I adore this scent.  It smells like assorted berries, not candied berries, with cream.  Awesome.  (5/5)

Caramelized Lemons- This would be a great kitchen scent.  I can tell that VintageChic1927 would love this scent.  The perfect balance of caramel and lemon zest with a touch of Fruit Loops.  (4.5/5)

Pumpkin Apples- I thought that this would be a nice dupe of Yankee's Apple Pumpkin and I was wrong.  This is very strong on the macintosh apple with very minimal pumpkin.  I like it but it wasn't what I was looking for.  (3/5)

Blueberry Cheesecake- A lot of blueberry with a creamy background.  (4/5)

Pumpkin Cookies- Smells just like Pumpkin Crunch Cookies, but the cookie is more sugary.  (4.5/5)

Pound Cake- An amazing cakey, buttery, rich pound cake scent.  No fruit to be found.  This is amazing for bakery lovers!  (5/5)

Cinnamon Buns- A red hot cinnamon with a bit of bakery.  I hope the bakery comes out more after curing. (2.5/5)

Cinnamon Apple Marshmallows- An apple cinnamon with a vanilla background.  Not a marshmallow vanilla, just a normal vanilla ice cream vanilla.  I like it, but I was expecting more marshmallow. (3/5)

Caramelized Apples- Smells like the caramel from CBV Caramelized Pralines with some spicy apple.  I really like this one.  (4/5)

Gingersnap- I smell just ginger, no cookie right now, and i only like ginger with the cookie note.  (2/5)

Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes- I smell the blueberry, I smell the buttermilk pancakes and I don't smell any syrup.  I wanted more of that maple syrup note, but I'll see after it cures. (3.5/5)

Those were all of the scents that I got, now for the ones that my mother ordered.

Monkey Farts- Fake banana and bubblegum.  I hate to say I hate it, but I realy don't like this scent.  If this is what monkey farts smell like, I am never getting a monkey. (1/5)

Banana Nut Bread- Smells awesome!  The bread and slight nuttiness make the banana less fake.  (4/5)

Apple Butter & Caramel- A caramel scent with a bit of apple and spice.  (3/5)

Blueberry Cobbler- Smells like the Blueberry Cobbler I got from Sweet Fixations, heavily blueberry scent with some breadiness, almost pancakey and a bit of cinnamon.  (3.5/5)

Red Velvet Cake- I don't know what Red Velvet Cake is supposed to smell like, but this smells nice.  I smell the frosting, I don't know what kind (maybe cream cheese?) and some general cakey goodness. (3.5/5)

Snickerdoodle- For some reason, this one is blue.  This smells like what I wanted Gingersnap to smell like.  I'm sure she will love this, her favorite coffee is the Snickerdoodle coffee at Bagel Boys.  (4/5)

Doodle Cookies- Smells like Snickerdoodle but more buttery.  (4/5)

Amish Bread- It smells like raisins and bread with no cinnamon and a hint of nuttiness.  (3/5)

Pumpkin Cookies- Already did this one, she got it too.

Cinnamon Raisin Bread- Smells like the Pepperidge Farm Cinnamon Raisin Bread.  (4/5)

Mom's Lemon Meringue Pie- Fruit Loops.  I don't know why all citrus bakery scents are starting to smell like Fruit Loops to me!  GAH! (4.5/5)

Fresh Oranges- If Citronella was orange scented, it would smell like this.  (2/5)

Cappucino Brulee- Strong coffee with an undertone of fake chocolate.  If there was a Starbucks inside of Willy Wonka's chocolate factory, it would smell like this.  (2/5)

That is it for this review and I will write to you guys later!

No comments:

Post a Comment