Friday, September 21, 2012

1 Week Left CBV Fall 2012 Order Review

Let's just get to it.  I will have one more review of this order on the 27th, when they finish curing and then I will get to melting them (the ones that belong to me) in my bedroom and tell you about those when I melt them.

Pumpkin Pear Strudel- I think the people of CBV Addicts Unite are tired of me raving about this scent.  It smells like a pear, but a baked pear not a fresh one with some bakery and pumpkin.  The perfect all year round scent.  (5/5)

Country Bumpkin- The cinnamon in this is stronger than it was before.  I like that better, it seemed lighter than I wanted it.  I am going to let it cure with the others. (5/5)

Spiced Pumpkin Chutney- Pumpkin and orange.  I get very little cinnamon.  This is really nice, a new favorite.  (5/5)

Caramelized Pralines- The nuttiness came out, too much for my taste.  I am allergic to nuts and smelling this made my back itch a bit.  I will let this cure longer and see if the caramel comes back out.  It is pleasant smelling, but unless it magically gains back that strong caramel smell it had when I got it, I won't be repurchasing.  (3/5)

Pumpkin Apple Cinnamon Bread- An amazing scent capturing all the major scents of fall.  Pumpkin, apple, cinnamon and bakery.  (4/5)

Pumpkin Vanilla- Spiced pumpkin with a bit of creaminess in it.  Not ending up being what I wanted in this
scent. (3.5/5)

Pumpkin Pralines- Smells like the part of Caramelized Pralines I liked with a bit of pumpkin. (5/5)

Pumpkin Pie Spice- The spice has come out more, making it different than other pumpkin pie scents.  I like this, but it isn't a favorite.  (3.5/5)

Pumpkin Cheesecake- I get more cheesecake now, almost made it into my top scents.  (4/5)

Pumpkin Eggnog- Pumpkin, spice, cream and a lot of citrus.  Definitely stronger on the citrus than Spiced Pumpkin Chutney, and  prefer this one.  (5/5)

Lemon Pound Cake- Smells like Fruit Loops cereal.  (5/5)

Apple Pie a la Mode- I can't smell this anymore, it is making me crave the real thing.  This may be dangerous to melt.  (5/5)

Pumpkin Chocolate- Real chocolate (dark and milk, I don't smell white) and pumpkin.  Not a favorite, but it's pleasant. (3/5)

Chocolate Chip Cookies- Butter and semi-sweet chocolate.  Need to melt this to give a real rating, but (3/5).

Leaves Type- Dead on dupe.  (5/5)

Pumpkin Pickin- What I wanted from Pumpkin Vanilla.  A true pumpkin with no spice.  (5/5)

Fudge Brownie- Brownie batter.  (5/5)

Harvest- Strong and true.  (4/5)

Amish Quilt- Smells like spiced fruit.  Yummy.  (5/5)

Country Coffee Cake- A little too strong on the coffee at least for me.  I am so overwhelmed by the strong coffee I don't smell cake.  (3/5)

Leesha- Smells like caramel apples and some strange back note that I can't pinpoint but it smells kind of funky.  (3/5)

Cinnamon Donuts- Smells like cinnamon sugar pretzels.  (5/5)

Dutch Apple Crunch- Apple and pie and a little bit of vanilla.  (4/5)

Honey Spice Cake- Just like a baked honey spice cake.  Delicious.  (5/5)

Rock That Vanilla- Dead on to what it is duping.  (4/5)

Apple Butter Festival- Too much kettle corn.  I might smell a bit of the ACB, but the kettle corn just overwhelms me.  I wouldn't repurchase this one.  (2/5)

Pink Noel- A cupcake drizzled with tons of creamy caramel.  Yum.  (5/5)

Captain Crunch Berries- Smells like if Fruit Loops was berry.  (3/5)

Pomegranate & Cider- Mostly fruit and a bit of spice.  (3.5/5)

Pumpkin Cider- Apple cider with a bit of pumpkin.  (4/5)

Tiffany-D- Honeydew and a bit of cotton candy.  (3/5)

Champagne Pomegranate- The pomegranate came out more.  I still get a bit of fizz.  (3.5/5)

No comments:

Post a Comment