Thursday, September 13, 2012

CBV Fall Order First Impressions

Hey!  I got my CBV September 1st sale order today.  What I am going to do is a first impression.  In 2 weeks, I will do another review for after they cure, then you will see them in my "What I'm Melting" posts. The only scents I did not pay for were the scents my mom ordered and the free scent shot included in every order.  All opinions are my own.  These have not cured, so my opinion may change in the other reviews.  Victoria forgot to send Under The Harvest Moon.

Pumpkin Cheesecake- I was pretty disappointed.  I expected to smell more cheesecake.  I get hit with the cinnamon and pumpkin first, then maybe a bit of nutmeg.  I don't get clove.  I hope the cheesecake comes out more after it cures. (3/5)

Pumpkin Pickin-  This is very nice, the first thing that hits me is the vanilla cream.  After that I smell the pumpkin.  A really good non-spicy pumpkin scent. (4.5/5)

Spiced Pumpkin Chutney-  First I get the pumpkin and citrus (I think orange, but maybe lemon).  I also get a more subtle spice note.  Another good pumpkin scent for those who don't like spice. (4.6/5)

Pumpkin Cider- The first thing I smell is the apple.  I think it is Macintosh.  Then I get the pumpkin.  There is also a slight cinnamon that tricks you into making it think it is "warm."  It reminds me a lot of Apple Pumpkin from Y***ee.  (5/5)

Pumpkin Apple Cinnamon Bread-  Right now it smells virtually the same as Pumpkin Cider, but I like Pumpkin Cider more.  I hope the spice and bread will come out more after curing.  (3.5/5)

Pumpkin Chocolate- The first thing that hit me was the chocolate.  A REAL chocolate smell! I get mostly milk chocolate and a bit of dark.  I get no white chocolate which I like since I hate white chocolate.  Underneath it, I smell the pumpkin.  I hope it comes out more after curing.  (4.3/5)

Pumpkin Pie Spice- A very traditional pumpkin pie scent.  A quintessential fall scent that everyone should have.  (3.5/5)

Pumpkin Pear Strudel- I get the pumpkin and pear mostly, and then I smell that "something is baking" scent in the background.  By far the best one I have smelled thus far in this order.  (6/5)

Pumpkin Pralines-  I get mostly the caramelized praline scent, but it is balanced by the pumpkin.  If you were scared of this because caramelized pralines was too overpowering for you, but you liked it, try this one.  The intensity is balanced out by this delicious pumpkin scent.  (5/5)

Pumpkin Vanilla- A true pumpkin scent.  If you want pumpkin with absolutely no spice, get this one.  At this point, I don't even smell vanilla.  Just a pumpkin.  Just deliciousness.  (5/5)

Pumpkin Eggnog- I don't know what eggnog smells like.  I smell pumpkin with a hint of spice.  There is a lot of creaminess and a bit of citrus on the back note.  I really like this one.  (5/5)

Harvest-  Yes, this is a Yankee type of a scent that I don't have and don't remember anything about it but that I like it.  I get mostly clove and a lot, but less cinnamon.  (3/5)

Leaves Type- An exact dupe of the Slatkin fragrance "Leaves."  Smells just like apple cider.  (5/5)

Apple Pie a la Mode- I smell the apples (a baked apple, not a fresh apple) and crust.  I get some of the vanilla ice cream, but not much.  I hope that come out more after curing.  (4/5)

Leesha- I get a lot of very buttery caramel with a bit of apple pie.  I hope the apple pie comes out more after it cures.  (4/5)

Dutch Apple Crunch-  This one is half of Leesha.  The other half of Leesha is buttery caramel.  This is an apple pie that is stronger on the crust than the baked apple scent. The best of the apple scents I have smelled so far.  (5/5)

Honey Spice Cake- This smells more like the batter for Honey Spice Cake as opposed to after you cook it.  It smells delicious and I hope the baked part comes out more after curing.  (5/5)

Country Coffee Cake- It smells like real coffee cake, but stronger on the coffee than real coffee cake.  I am not a fan of coffee so I hope the baked part will come out more after curing, but it is a nice scent nonetheless.  (3.5/5)

Lemon Pound Cake- Smells just like the lemon pound cake from Starbucks, but with more lemon.  I adore this scent.  (5/5)

Cinnamon Donuts- I smell mostly cinnamon, but not red hots.  Then I get the sugar and dough.  A very nice scent deserving of its name.  (4/5)

Chocolate Chip Cookie- I smell chocolate chip cookies with a ton of chocolate.  A very nice scent that I will be melting once they cure.  (4/5)

Fudge Brownie- Smells like real brownies baking in the oven.  I adore this one.  (5/5)

Caramelized Pralines- This is what I want in a scent like this.  It isn't too nutty, just balanced by a rich, rich buttery caramel, but not the same buttery caramel in Leesha, this one is much more rich.  I understand the hype now.  (5/5)
Country Bumpkin- Very cinnamony with a bit of the apple and some marshmallow peeking out.  Amazing.(5/5)

Amish Quilt- Very cinnamonny with a hint of nutmeg.  This is nice, but I like Country Bumpkin better. (4/5)

Captain Crunch Berries- This was a new scent for the month of September.  It smells like if Fruit Loops was a very berry cereal.  I really like this, but it isn't one of my favorites.  (3/5)

Pink Noel- This smells like cupcakes and caramel.  I really like this one.  (3/5)

Pomegranate & Cider- Very pomegranatey with spices.  I get pomegranate and cinnamon in this scent.  I love this!  (4.5/5)

Rock That Vanilla- A dead on dupe for the A*e*i*a* C*e*m from a certain bath company.  (4/5)

Tiffany D- Right now all I smell is her lackluster Honeydew Melon scent.  I hope the watermelon and cotton candy come out more with curing/burning.  (3/5)

Champagne Pomegranate- I smell pomegranate ginger ale.  The fizz tickles your nose too!  (4/5)

Apple Butter Festival- This was my free scent shot.  It is one of the new scents for September, a mix of Apple Cinnamon Butter and Kettle Corn.  I hate kettle corn, so I'll see if I smell it.  I smell the Apple Cinnamon Butter which I love with a hint of popcorn, not kettle corn.  I really love this.  (5/5)

Then my mom got 10 scents which I will review for you.

Storm Watch- A fresh, clean "standing under a waterfall" scent.  I surprisingly like this one.  (3.5/5)

Tomahawk Memories- This is an earthy scent I can stand.  I smell pine, orange and patchouli.  I usually would hate this type of scent, but I can stand this one.  (3/5)

Rain- Smells pretty fresh and citrusy, but kind of boring to me.  There are much better fresh scents out there.  (2/5)

Sugar Cane & Bamboo- Smells like BBW Fresh Bamboo with some sweetness.  I don't really like this.  (2/5)

Geisha- A dupe for something from someone.  I'm not farmiliar with that product, but it smells good.  (3/5)

Womanizer- Smells floral and perfumey, but I can stand it.  (2/5)

Apple Cobbler- Smells like mac apple.  I don't get much bakery.  (3/5)

Sea Salt and Lotus Blossom- Smells salty and floral.  Meh.  (2.5/5)

Autumn Leaves- Smells like wet leaves.  Earthy, but light.  (3/5)

Bamboo and White Grapefruit- Smells like the name implies.  It's okay.  (2/5)

That's all for now,

Mr. Lushie


2 comments:

  1. It's a shame that you didn't get Under The Harvest Moon yet, I'm letting mine cure atm, but so far it smells perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! Our noses are very similar when it comes to what we like/dislike in CBV scents. I'm still waiting for my Sep.1 order to come in; hopefully soon! :)

    ReplyDelete