Saturday, September 15, 2012

Middle of Curing Review (CBV Fall 2012)

These have cured for a few days, I thought I would do another review mid-curing before my final review.  A lot of these have changed over the few days I have had them, so I will describe them again.

Country Coffee Cake- This smells perfect now, the strong coffee has mellowed and the cinnamon and cake have come in.  This is ow one of my favorites.  (5/5)

Rock That Vanilla- In my last review, I forgot to say that it was missing a note from the scent it is a dupe for.  NOW, it smells just like what it is duping and it is amazing.  (4/5)

Lemon Pound Cake- I love this just as much as I did before, but now it smells like Fruit Loops.  (5/5)

Pumpkin Apple Cinnamon Bread- The bread element came out more.  I really love this one, but it hasn't made my five star rating yet.  Maybe when it is melting, I will love it even more.  (4.5/5)

Pumpkin Eggnog- Pumpkin with subtle spices and a creamy citrus undertone.  Definitely a favorite.  (5/5)

Dutch Apple Crunch- A non-spicy apple pie.  It's a pretty mediocre scent, but I will still get some enjoyment out of melting it.  (3/5)

Chocolate Chip Cookie- This smells the same, based on reviews it smells just like a chocolate chip cookie when it is melting.  This might be the first one I melt just to see if it is true.  (3.5/5)

Leaves Type- 100% accurate dupe of the Slatkin Leaves scent.  (5/5)

Cinnamon Donuts- It smells just like Wetzel's Pretzels Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels.  I love those pretzels and this scent is captures the deliciousness of those scents without the calories.  (5/5)

Pumpkin Vanilla- This one gained a bit of spice.  Not as much of a fan of this anymore, but still a fantastic scent nonetheless.  (4/5)

Pumpkin Pickin- Pumpkin and vanilla cream, no spice.  I love this one.  This is what I wanted Pumpkin Vanilla to smell like. (5/5)

Pumpkin Pralines- The perfect blend of Caramelized Pralines and Pumpkin.  (5/5)

Apple Butter Festival- I like this one slightly less, the kettle corn is coming out more. (3/5)

Pumpkin Pear Strudel- This one only gets better as the pear comes out more.  I guess I like pear scents.  (5/5)

Pumpkin Cider- Smells like Apple Pumpkin from Yankee.  (5/5)

Pumpkin Pie Spice- This is wonderful, I wish the spice would come out more.  (3/5)

Spiced Pumpkin Chutney- The citrus is hanging out in the background.  (3.5/5)

Fudge Brownie- Brownies fresh out of the oven, not a fake chocolate at all. (5/5)

Pumpkin Cheesecake- I smell the cheesecake developing, it still needs work though.  (4/5)

Country Bumpkin- Not a red hot cinnamon like most people say.  It is a toned down, slightly creamy cinnamon that is more complex than just cinnamon and vanilla.  This one has some apple and marshmallow ans well as other spices than just cinnamon.  I still love this one.  (5/5)

Pink Noel- Smells like a fresh cupcake with caramelly icing.  (5/5)

Captain Crunch Berries- Reminds me of Raspberry Rainbow yogurt from Trix.  Very nostalgic.  (4/5)

Honey Spice Cake- Smells more like the baked cake than the batter it used to smell like.  (5/5)

Leesha-  Apple pie with tons of caramel drizzled over.  This is more of a sweet caramel than the caramel in Caramelized Pralines which is much more rich.  (5/5)

Harvest- Clove and a bit of cinnamon.  Seems like one of the lighter throwers of Victoria's scents, probably just needs to cure more.  (3.5)

Caramelized Pralines- The praline is starting to come out more, just hoping it doesn't get too nutty for me.  (5/5)

Tiffany-D- I smell more cotton candy that is sweetening up the honeydew.  This is a slow curer.  (3/5)

Pomegranate Cider- I smell less spice than I did before, still a good scent.  (4/5)

Champagne Pomegranate- I am starting to get more pomegranate.  (4/5)

Apple Pie a la Mode- Smells like the real thing.  I want apple pie now.  (5/5)

Pumpkin Chocolate- The chocolate is smelling more realistic, still don't smell much pumpkin.  (4/5)

Amish Quilt- Smells similar to Country Bumpkin, but clove instead of cinnamon.  (4/5)

Now for my mom's order.

Tomahawk Memories- This is too overwhelming right now, that WGACA scent is getting strong, and I hate what that product it is duping smells like.  The pine is also is coming out.  If I smelled more pine instead of WGACA, I would like this more.  (2/5)

Sea Salt and Lotus Blossoms-  Too floral and salty for me, but it is okay.  (2/5)

Geisha- Smells very nice.  I like this one more than when it came.  (3.5/5)

Autumn Leaves- Smells like leaves (real leaves) and fruit?  (3.5/5)

Apple Cobbler- The bakery is starting to come out more.  (3.5/5)

Womanizer- Citrus, mint and "this is a perfume" smell.  (3/5)

Sugar Cane & Bamboo- This is getting sweeter and less bambooy.  (2.5/5)

Bamboo and White Grapefruit- Smells too bambooy.  Not enough grapefruit for me.  As far as bamboo goes, I like the Sugar Cane & Bamboo more.  (2/5)

Rain- It got very perfumey.  Simiar to Dancing Waters from BBW with citrus.  (1.6/5)

Storm Watch- This is a very fresh, oceany scent, but I like it.  (3/5)

That is it for this mid-cure review.

No comments:

Post a Comment