Thursday, June 14, 2012

Love Lettuce Review

Hey lushies!  Before I get into the review, I just want to tell you all that I have a Pintrest now!  So please follow me.  www.pintrest.com/thelushietimes

Okay, so now into the review.  If you read my haul post, you would know that I got my first pot of Love Lettuce.  Before I get into my thoughts, I will tell you what LUSH says about it and what the ingredients are.


"This mask is a seaweed gel with exfoliating granules through it. 
Ideal for those who want to clear away dead skin and brighten the face, whilst also gently treating it to softening ingredients.  First we make a seaweed gel using agar, then we add honey and almond oil to soften and moisturise the skin. Kaolin and fullers earth deep clean, absorb grease and debris and tighten the skin. Finally there are ground almonds and ground almond shells, so that when you come to wash this off with water, you can work it over your face for a few minutes to exfoliate away dead skin.  Simply fragranced with 100 percent pure French lavender, to balance the skin’s sebum production.  Ground almond shells are a good natural exfoliant. They are rough enough to give a good scrub, but soft enough not to damage the skin. Every skin is different, and you decide how much pressure to use and how long to scrub for."
That description is from the UK website, if it sounds different than the US website to you.  The ingredients are Agar Agar Gel, Kaolin, Honey, Fuller's Earth, Glycerin, Almond Oil, Ground Almond Shells. Ground Almonds, Lavender Oil, Chlorophyllin, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool,  and Perfume.
A little bit about my skin first.  My face is pretty dry.  I'm only a little bit oily only around the crevices on the sides of my nose, where oil tends to collect.  My t-zone is normal and my cheeks are pretty dry.  They don't get flaky though.
It smells kind of herbally.  I don't like herbal smells but I do like this.  I wish the herbal smell of Buffy would smell like this.  It is bright green and has little exfoliating almonds in it.  I put some on my face, it didn't take that much to cover my whole face and it didn't feel like anything extraordinary.  I left it on for ten minutes and questioned the exfoliation because I didn't feel it.  Finally, the ten minutes was up and I scrubbed it off.  You have to scrub at it to get it off.  I did then feel the exfoliation.  I washed my mask off and patted my face dry and looked in the mirror.  I had the most beautiful glow I had ever had in my entire life.  It is the day after and the glow is still there.  This mask is normally recommended for normal to oily skin, but it didn't dry me out at all.  It was very moisturizing and balanced my skin out.  It sucked up excess oil and left a very nice feel on my skin.  My face was so soft.  This is the best mask I have ever tried from LUSH and once I'm done with this, I will have my 5 black pots ad will either go in and get this or if they have Oatifix, I will get that because I want to try it.

So that's my review and have a very LUSH day!

No comments:

Post a Comment