Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My Current Candle Collection

I you know me in person, you may know that I have an obsession with candles.  It is a pretty newound obsession, after I started seeing Candles By Victoria videos from a lot of the people I watch on YouTube.  The website always overwhelmed me and I never ordered anything.  I regret it now, I have a new obsession.  The website is www.candlesbyvictoria.com  and if you go to the Pouring Pot, (forum) you can find me as "jbgdst."  Now I will show you my scents, with special appearances from Yankee Candle and Slatkin & Co.

I will start with Candles By Victoria.  I have 10 scents from them.  The first one is Emperor's Love.  It smells like Sultana by anonymous bath company.  The next one is called Peace.  It smells very sultry with an underlying orange blossom scent.  Next, I have Goldilocks.  This smells a little bit sweet, with some orangey undertones and an almost maple kind of scent.  It is very complex and hard to explain.  Another one I have is Honeydew Melon, which smells exactly like it sounds.  I want to eat it!  A really nice one is Fresh Cut Grass.  It smells, you guessed it, like fresh cut grass.  Next, Heavy Metal.  It is very sweet ad has an almost fizzy kind of feeling.  It is supposed to smell like a pink soap from an anonymous bath company, but it doesn't cold.  Maybe it smells like it, when it's burned.  My least favorite so far, Sweet Angel Dust, smells like Heavy Metal on crack.  It is very mediciny sickening sweet.  I will probably have a trade with this for something else.  One of the best ones is Bath Time With Pooh.  Its smells like honey and toffee.  I am melting a piece right now in my tart melter.  I also love Snuggle Up which smells like blackcurrents and bergamot.  My favorite one, which was actually the free scent shot I received, is Orange Juice Cake.  It smells like fresh squeezed orange juice and vanilla cake.

The next company I will review is Yankee Candle.  The first one is Coconut Bay, which smells like pure coconuts, perfect for summer.  I also have Vanilla Lime, which smells like vanilla and lime.  There was a swirl candle that was Coconut Bay and Vanilla Lime combined, so I got both tarts to mix them and create that scent.  My favorite one is Mandarin Cranberry.  It smells like mandarin oranges and cranberries, but it has some sweetness to it that makes it so appealing to me.  I want to have an endless supply of this (and Orange Juice Cake) at my disposal forever.  I also got Blueberry Scone, which is very accurate.  Good job for getting one more food smell right, the only other accurate one is Macintosh.  I also bought Apple Cider which smells like cinnamon and spices, not much apple, but that is just on cold throw.  

The last brand I have to talk about is Slatkin & Co.  This brand is sold at Bath and Body Works and QVC. These are some of their summer scents.  The first one I have is Summer Boardwalk.  They say "Like memories of the best summer spent at the beach, caramel glazed popcorn, warm taffy apples and salted, sweet cream."  This smells so good!  It smells like movie popcorn with a sweet element added to it.  Not something I would have thought I would like, but I really love it.  I also bought Paradise Daiquiri.  It says "A raspberry twist on the classic Pina Colada.  Made with dark rum and sweet orange, topped with coconut cream and warm vanilla."  This smells like raspberry, coconut and vanila.  I also bought Peach Bellini.  It says "A sweet twist on the classic blend of white peach, yellow mandarin and blackcurrant, with jasmine and a splash of juicy orange."  I smell fresh cut peach, a little orange but no jasmine.  I like that it doesn't smell jasminey, because I don;t like jasmine smells.  This smells like what I wanted Yankee's peach candle to smell like.  The last candle I have to share is Tropical Spice.  They say "Like the allure of moonlight on a warm island evening, an exotic blend of cinnamon bark, spiced rum and vanilla."  It smells like cinnamon with a tropical undertone, so if you love spicy scents, but feel like you can't burn them in the summer, try this scent.  The spice fits with fall and winter and the rum, tropical element fits it with spring and summer.  A perfect year round candle.

That's all the candles I ave to share with you.  I'll for sure keep you updated on everything.

FTC Disclaimer: I am not paid to post this post.  I was not compensated in any way.  I paid for everything myself, except for the Orange Juice Cake scent shot.  That was the free scent shot that arrives in all packages. (not always that smell)  I am not affiliated with any of the companies mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment