Saturday, June 30, 2012

My Cup of Tea: Pineapple Kona Pop

       Hey!  I am here with a new series.  It will be called "My Cup of Tea," and it will be when I try a new tea, I will review it on here.  I hope you guys like it.

       The tea I will be writing about today is the Teavana tea is Pineapple Kona Pop.  This tea is an herbal tea.  It is by far my favorite tea from Teavana.  If you don't know, Teavana is a store in a bunch of malls (I have two by me) and they sell teas by the ounce.  You have to brew it yourself.  I recommend the large tea pitchers that you can get for $24.95 and are amazing quality.

       To brew the tea, you put a certain amount (ask them to write how much on the label based on the pitcher size) in the brewer on the top and fill the main part of the pitcher with boiled water and put the brewer part onto the top.  Wait overnight for it to brew itself and then you can get started.  For this tea, use 1.5 tablespoons of tea per 8oz of water.

Don't drink it right out.  This tea, I recommend to drink it iced, so I will tell you what I did.  I took a mug and put a little bit of the brewed tea in it.  Then I placed a teaspoon of the German Rock Sugar they sell.  You don't have to buy it in the giant jar, you can buy it by weight, just like the teas.  So I put that in the tea and put that in the microwave for cycles.  I did 20 seconds and stirred, 10 seconds and stirred, 5 seconds and stirred and 5 seconds and stirred until all the rock sugar had dissolved.  Then I put that little bit of tea in a glass that had ice in it.  Then, I added more of the plain, brewed, cold tea as I saw fit.  Then I added a drop of honey.  I just used random honey from my pantry but Teavana sells really nice honey that I need to get when I go on Wednesday (expect a LUSH, B&BW and Teavana haul) to the Garden State Plaza.

This tea is the best tea that I have ever had!  I didn't have that tea aftertaste, it tasted like fruit.  I will tell you what Teavana says about this tea.  "Journey to paradise as you sink your toes into the warm, white sand beaches of Hawaii with each tantalizingly tropical cup.  An oasis awaits your senses as fresh grown pineapple & crisp white apple pieces meeting fragrant marigold, orange and mallow blossoms giving this vacation blend a tartly smooth 'aloha' inspired finish."  Honestly, I don't get any floral taste in this at all (which I like) and I hate floral scents, so that is a good thing for me.

The benefits of Pineapple Kona Pop Herbal Tea: Herbal infusions blend well with other teas for added flavor; naturally caffeine free; contains peach and pineapple; contains soothing rose.

Overall, this tea is phenomenal and I will be purchasing more when I go back to Teavana on Wednesday.


Have a TEA-riffic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment