Monday, July 16, 2012

Belle Ame Haul and Scent Descriptions

Today, I got my Belle Ame haul in the mail.  It came in a box with packing peanuts and all my sample soaps came in a bag.  I got three full size soaps and a sample pack.  I got Lavender, Jazzy Bee Good and Honey I've Scrubbed in full size and the rest came in the sample pack.  Each soap was $6.95 and the sample pack was $1.95.  Nothing was given for free, I am not affiliated with Belle Ame and all opinions are my own.  I have not tried the soaps, I will review each soap as I use it.  This is just telling what I bought and what they smell like.  The smells are pretty strong.  When I opened the box the entire kitchen smelled of honey.  The soaps are packaged so adorably, just look on her website www.belleame.com for pictures and to search through the products.  I only know what kind of soap my full size ones are, it is probably on the website though.

Lavender:  A very strong lavender smell.  Nothing else.  It is very relaxing.  It is not perfumey or fake in any way, very nice smelling.  This soap is an Aloe, Olive Oil, Blueberry Seed soap with real lavender essential oil.
Honey I've Scrubbed:  This soap has their Honey Almond fragrance.  It is fantabulous.  This smells so good.  If you like honey scents, go to the website and add this to your cart.  It smells like real honey with a little bit of nutty almond.  The almond is not very strong in this, just the right amount.  This soap is a Shea Butter soap with apricot seeds.
Jazzy Bee Good: This is probably my favorite of my full size ones.  They say it is jasmine and honey, but I only smell a giant pot of honey, no jasmine at all.  Just a very realistic honey fragrance.  This soap is a glycerin soap with shea butter chunks.
Lavish: This is a very creamy floral scent.  It is a little bit perfumey but not overly perfumey.  I surprisingly like this one.  I can't pinpoint different florals but the website says rose, calla lily and mandarin.  I'm not sure if I would get this full size.
Lemon Verbena: This one is very lemony, I could see people using this in the kitchen or in the mornings to invigorate themselves.  I don't know what verbena is but this just smells like lemon or a less dimensionally citrus version of LUSH's Sexy Peel.  I might buy this in full size, I am not sure though.
Life's a Beach: This smells like the typical "beachy" fragrance that is very popular in the summer.  The website says sea spray, salt, jasmine and mandarin.  I can't really pinpoint specific notes but I would buy this in full size during the summer, not really any other part of the year because it is so summery.
Mandarin, Lime, Basil: I don't smell basil, so if that is scaring you away from it, i recommend at least requesting it for in a sampler.  It smells like oranges and limes, the part of Sexy Peel that Lemon Verbena is missing.  I surprising like this and may buy it full size if it is a good soap.
Juicylicious: I'm kind of "meh" on this soap.  It is very perfumey.  It has mostly florals.  It's okay and I probably won't be buying this in the full size.
White Tea: I don't know what White Tea smells like, but I like this one.  I might buy it in the full size during the winter as I can see it being a warm, comforting scent.
Rosemary Mint: I don't smell Rosemary.  I just smell a nice, clean minty scent.  Peppermint to be exact, I might repurchase this in the full size during the winter.  This one was a big sample.
Oatmeal, Milk and Honey: If you like the real Oatmeal, Milk and Honey scents and find most of them bland, you will like this because it is not bland.  It smells very good and I can see myself buying this one in full size in all seasons.
Royal Luxe: This smells like a man's cologne, but I like this one because it isn't an Abercrombie or Old Spice cologne.  It isn't too musky and I might repurchase this in the full size but I'll have to use it first to decide.
Love & Roses: I think she saw I didn't get any florals and thought I forgot or something because she sent a lot of florals and perfumey scents in the sampler.  This smells like perfumey roses and I hate it.  I feel bad saying that but it gave me a headache when I smelled it.  When I saw it, I knew I was going to hate it.  I will not be repurchasing this in the full size and I probably won't even use the sample.

Final Verdict:  If their soaps are good, I will definitely repurchase Jazzy Bee Good, Honey I've Scrubbed, Lavender, Oatmeal Milk and Honey, Life's A Beach and White Tea.  I will probably repurchase Rosemary Mint, Royal Luxe, Lemon Verbena, Mandarin Lime Basil and Lavish.  I will not repurchase Love & Roses and Juicylicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment