Thursday, July 5, 2012

LUSH Review: Rehab Shampoo

If you follow my blog, you know that I recently bought a bottle of Rehab shampoo instead of using the other pot of Curly Wurly I had because my hair is so thick that the pieces of coconut in it wouldn't rinse out of my hair.  As I always do with my reviews, I will tell you what the website says and what is in it.

"Rehabilitation for damaged and abused hair.  Hairspray, bleach, hair dye, styling products, poor health- these are all things that can really take a toll on your hair and leave it far away from its natural best.  Treat your abused hair to some serious recovery time in the shower with Rehab shampoo.  Rehab is about bringing your hair and scalp back to basics and repairing it with an array of nutritious ingredients.  Enzymic papaya cleanses, while almond oil softens the follicles.  It doesn't take long for this shampoo to restore your hair to youth and vitality.  Once your hair has been put into Rehab, you'll never look back."

The bottle says "If you've been neglecting your hair, check it into rehab!  A good shampooing will allow the zesty fruits to cleanse, tone, strengthen and soften tired locks."

The ingredients are Sodium Alkyl Sulfate, Carrageenan Extract (Chondrus crispus), Water (Aqua), Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Perfume, Fresh Papaya Juice (Carica papaya), Propylene Glycol, Fresh Pineapple Juice (Ananas sativus), Fine Sea Salt (Sodium chloride), Fresh Kiwi Juice (Actinidia chinensis), Fresh Mango Juice (Mangifera indica), Cold Pressed Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Lavender Oil (Lavandula angustifola), Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis), Jumiperberry Oil (Juniperus communis), Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Yes, it does have sulfates and parabens in it.  The real story about those ingredients is that sulfates are derived from coconuts and parabens are a fairly natural preservative.  I personally have nothing against the use of these mild chemicals, but if you do then that's okay, just remember the real story and don't badmouth LUSH for their usage of them.

First thing I noticed, before I even used it was the smell.  It smells really nice.  The smell pairs amazingly with Retread, that I also bought recently but want to finish my American Cream before starting my pot of that. The shampoo smells of peppermint with a subtle background of tropical fruits.  It is very refreshing and just beware that it stinks up the shower when you use it. They can demo it on a small patch of my hair, which they did that with Retread and I was sold.  I brought home a medium sized bottle (which I pretty much got for $1 because I returned a pot of Curly Wurly in exchange for it) and a pot of Retread (review coming after I use it) and a bunch of other stuff that you can see in my 4th of July Mall Haul.

Okay, to how I used it.  I took almost nothing in my hand.  I noticed that this shampoo is very thin, Similar in consistency to the Olive Branch shower gel.  I rubbed my hands together and it made some bubbles.  I then massaged it into my scalp and hair and it foamed up really nicely.  I let it sit for about 30 seconds to let all the ingredients work their magic.  I then rinsed it out and felt my hair.  I could tell that my hair was moisturized, but it also had had its deepest clean in a long time.  I followed up with American Cream because I still had some left.  Follow-up post once I pair it with Retread.  I got out and dried my hair.  I instantly noticed that my hair felt healthier and softer.  Once my hair completely dried, it was very shiny, but not in an oily, greasy way.  It felt so moisturized and clean and I was so excited.  I have found my holy grail shampoo.  When I run out of my Soak and Float, I will do a follow-up on how it balanced your scalp and a comparison on that part of the shampoo because it is more moisturizing and smells better than Soak and Float.

Have a Good Hair Day,
       Mr. Lushie

No comments:

Post a Comment